[erlang-questions] Basic question about Erlang binaries

Sean Cribbs seancribbs@REDACTED
Sat Sep 26 06:29:51 CEST 2009

If the position of this bit is constant, I would think so, e.g. for the
33rd bit:

<<_:32, Bit:1/integer, _Rest/binary>> = Binary.

I am not certain of the implementation details of binaries, but I
believe it's simple pointer arithmetic.  If that's the case, then it
would be proportional to the offset into the binary that you wanted.
How are you doing the pattern matching?

Sean