how to document experimental status (Re: [erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R13B02-1 has been released)

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Sep 24 14:46:14 CEST 2009

Håkan Mattsson wrote:
> Bug fix release   : otp_src_R13B02-1
> Build date          : 2009-09-21
> Reltool build date: 2009-09-23
>
> This is R13B02-1, a patched version of R13B02 which was the second
> maintenance release for the R13B major release. R13B02-1 has the
> same contents as R13B02 with the exception of Reltool. In the new
> version of Reltool (0.5.1) this nasty bug has been fixed:

This problem has stirred some discussion about whether the
quality of the releases would be improved by a more open
process.

I don't want to stir that pot even more - but...

Reltool is experimental. While the version number does give
that away, and it says so in the release notes, shouldn't
this also be written in highlight, in both the user guide
and the reference manual?

I really had to search for it in the docs, and even started
doubting my memory for a while. I think anyone who missed it
may be excused for being somewhat annoyed.

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger