Finding nodes

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Sep 9 14:29:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am thinking about how to get Erlang Nodes within a LAN to find each other,
without having to have a known central server.

Has anyone already done something along the lines of service discovery in
Erlang? Like using something like DNS-SD to find other Erlang Nodes on your
subnet, for example? Or multicast ping on known port? Or ...?

I'd be interested in prior art, before plunging head first into a new
territory. Googling didn't turn up anything, but so far I've only spent
about 30 minutes on searching; more to follow.

Thanks for any pointers,
Robby