[erlang-questions] proposal: expand definition of filename type

Paul Mineiro paul-trapexit@REDACTED
Thu Sep 3 21:54:02 CEST 2009

The point is well taken generally, but for iolists in particular, I find
that I'm often disappointed that various portions of stdlib only take
strings, since building up iolists incrementally is natural and many
useful functions (io_lib:format/2, mochijson2:encode/1) return iolists.
Example: you cannot use an iolist as the body of a request for
http:request/4 and friends.  I generally only discover empirically when
testing that I have to insert flattening code to make things work.

-- p