[erlang-questions] Re: Process Dictionary vs Proplist in Web Frameworks

Ngoc Dao ngocdaothanh@REDACTED
Fri Oct 30 08:07:16 CET 2009

In order to intercept, I think the explicit thing you need to know is
the processing flow. For example:
browser -> yaws -> front controller -> app-wide filter ->
controller-wide filter -> action -> view -> layout -> front controller
-> yaws -> browser

The environment may be transfered implicitly inside the PD along the way.

I don't know if this is relevant to this discussion, but I am creating
this app which uses Ale which uses Yaws which uses PD:
http://github.com/ngocdaothanh/khale

Nitrogen is another example of the (successful?) use of PD.

Ngoc