[erlang-bugs] Re: Re: [erlang-questions] Erlang's process not killed by exit signalreasoned by "kill"

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Oct 29 15:04:24 CET 2009

Robert Virding wrote:

> BUT when I do exit(kill) I send a type 2 signal with value 'kill' which
> doesn't behave as a type 3 'kill' signal though the name is the same. This
> is inconsistent, and I don't like inconsistencies. There are two different
> solutions: either send out real type 3 kill signals; or send out type 2
> 'killed' signals as if I had received a type 3 signal. Both are consistent,
> but which is best?

Why send out type 3 kill signals?

What is that consistent with?

I think the consistent behaviour would be to send out type 2
'killed' signals.

BR,
Ulf W
--