[erlang-questions] is inet:gethostbyname( IP ) correct?

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Oct 21 19:15:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Raimo Niskanen <
raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED<raimo%2Berlang-questions@REDACTED>
> wrote:

> We are now hunting something fishy (for Robert R) with
> IIS server and firewall client. Can you (info) tell us
> what happens when you have the symptoms, if you in
> a freshly started Erlang node only look up a
> short name e.g "localhost", because we now have
> a situation where it kind of works until we do
> a lookup containing a dot which hangs and after
> that everything hangs. Can you confirm this peculiar
> behaviour?
>
> / Raimo

Yes, an initial lookup of localhost worked, but looking up some other
machine hung. But I cannot remember 100% if there was a difference between
dotted and local network names. I will try this again sometime next week
(when I have access to the machine again) to see if I can get a clearer
picture of the behaviour.

Robby