[erlang-questions] excute code in the supervisor when a child crashes?

Mihai Balea mihai@REDACTED
Tue Oct 20 03:21:30 CEST 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Pablo Platt wrote:

> Mihai,
> As you suggested I'm reading about gproc from:
> http://svn.ulf.wiger.net/gproc/branches/experimental-0906/gproc/doc/erlang07-wiger.pdf
> http://rklophaus.com/blog/2009/9/16/gproc-erlang-global-process-registry.html
>
> Is this the version I should use? http://svn.ulf.wiger.net/gproc/branches/experimental-0906/gproc/
>
> I've read that some patches needed for the kernel and about a
> dependence on gen_leader.
> Is anything needed except compiling the grpoc app and putting it in
> the erlang path?

I don't have much hands on experience with gproc, but from what I
hear, you only need the kernel patches if you want gproc to replace
the built in process registry. If you use it as a standalone module,
you only need gen_leader, which is indeed a dependency.

However, if you only need a local registry, you might want to use
Ulf's previous version, called proc. The code is relatively hard to
find; one place to get it would be here:

http://github.com/dizzyd/proc

It all depends on whether your project requires a global or local
registry.

Mihai