[erlang-questions] A less trusting Erlang.

Jim McCoy jim.mccoy@REDACTED
Mon Oct 12 06:21:51 CEST 2009

The short answer is that you can't effectively prevent a node in a
distributed erlang setup from doing just about anything it wants to
another node.  It just doesn't work that way.  There was some effort a
while back to try to deal with these issues (see the SSErl work and a
long thread on the list from the summer of 2006 relating to E/Erlang
integration) but nothing concrete has come of it.

You are better off using a well-defined protocol at the trust
boundaries and not trying to let untrusted users make calls directly
into the trusted side of this boundary.

jim