[erlang-questions] crash collectors (with emailing)

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Fri Oct 9 16:11:57 CEST 2009

Yes.  This would require an error_logger.  It's a gen_event, so you'll
want to brush up on the gen_event docs.  If you want examples, the
sasl TTY logger is the simplest (see OTP_ROOT/lib/sasl-X.X.X/src/
sasl_report_tty_h.erl).  There's also log_mf_h (in OTP_ROOT/lib/stdlib-
X.X.X/src/log_mf_h.erl).  Making a logger is dead-simple.

One other note, if you're doing Distributed Erlang, I believe that
system-level errors (like node-down) may be logged on the node they
occur, but remote processes may log to their group-leader (which may
be on another node).  So you may have weird issues getting those logs
when network problems are involved.

Good luck!