[erlang-questions] PDF reports from Mnesia: Erlguten and XMerL?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Fri Oct 9 10:38:44 CEST 2009

Ulf Wiger wrote:
> Nina Alex Juliadotter wrote:
>>
>> I've come across Erlguten for PDF generation, which takes XML files as
>> input. So, to use Mnesia data, I take it I could use XMerL to
>> transform it into XML? The only trouble is that both these projects
>> seem rather idle and alpha like, the last time I've seen any
>> discussions was in 2004 and the source I found is from 2003.
>
> Xmerl idle and alpha? I must have misunderstood this, or you have been
> looking at the jungerl version of xmerl. It has been a supported
> part of OTP for several years now.

Agreed. As I understand it xmerl has been the "official" XML processing
module for Erlang for some time.

That said, I am interested in the status of erlguten. I haven't heard of
it being used for years, yet highly-scalable PDF generation would be
pretty useful to have.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt