[erlang-questions] PDF reports from Mnesia: Erlguten and XMerL?

Dan Gudmundsson dangud@REDACTED
Fri Oct 9 11:45:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Ulf Wiger
<ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:
> Benjamin Tolputt wrote:
>>
>> That said, I am interested in the status of erlguten. I haven't heard of
>> it being used for years, yet highly-scalable PDF generation would be
>> pretty useful to have.
>
> The best hope in this regard ought to be
> http://code.google.com/p/erlguten/
>
> It doesn't seem to have been updated much since it was uploaded to
> Google Code in 2007, but that's not to say that it isn't being
> used, of course. :)

Another hack would be to use a 'pdf' printer and use wx to render to it.
atleast on my linux with gnome-printing such a device is available.

Run wx:demo() and select canvas_paint, from there I invoke print
select printer 'Create a pdf document'.
I don't know it is possible to get access to it via wx interface without a user
selecting it but it might be worth a try.

/Dan