[erlang-questions] Mnesia 25MB database takes 15min to load!!!

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Thu Oct 8 14:32:49 CEST 2009

Allan Merolla wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am currently using mnesia to store simple records consisting of {ID,Time,Value}. The purpose of the database is simple. High availability of large amounts of "simple data". I have inserted 500 thousand records and the DCD is 24mb. When I do a mnesia:stop() and start() it takes over 10min just to load the test data. I originally had planned to have this fragmented and have at least 200mb per fragment but at 10min load for 25mb the whole idea seems impossible now as it would take over 2hours to start a node. I find it hard to believe this is by design? Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Do you have a secondary index defined on the table?  I have seem similar
behavior when a secondary index is defined, and have changed our designs
to not use them at all.  Without, disk_copies tables load at disk i/o speed.

--
paul