wxErlang - wxLogNull question

Amit Murthy amit.murthy@REDACTED
Thu Oct 8 06:14:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using the wxImage module of wxErlang to resize some images in a back
ground process. Now, if there is an invalid file name or the image binary is
corrupt, wxImage throws a window popup message which I don't want. The popup
is actually coming from wxWidgets as outlined here

http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/faqcmn.htm#lognull

and here -
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxlognull.html

The solution is to call wxLogNull if we do not want the error popups.

But wxErlang does not expose wxLogNull. Any particular reason why? Any other
way to avoid the popup.

A related question - Since I am only using wxImage to resize images and not
really having any GUI displayed at all, is it possible to use wxErlang
without an X server running ?

  Amit