[erlang-questions] Switching between http/non-http depending of first byte

Ngoc Dao ngocdaothanh@REDACTED
Fri Oct 2 08:33:57 CEST 2009

Smerl in ErlyWeb:
http://code.google.com/p/erlyweb/source/browse/trunk/src/smerl/smerl.erl
allows you to manipulate existing modules and functions just like in Ruby.

You can use Smerl to monkeypatch Yaw's yaws_server module's aloop function.

Example:

a.erl
------
-module(a).

-compile(export_all).

f() -> 1.

b.erl
------
-module(b).

-compile(export_all).

f_with_feature() -> a:f_without_feature() + 1.

t.erl
-----
-module(t).

-compile(export_all).

t() ->
    % Take out metamods of the 2 modules
    {ok, MA1} = smerl:for_module(a),
    {ok, MB1} = smerl:for_module(b),

    % Take out forms of the 2 functions
    {ok, FA1} = smerl:get_func(MA1, f, 0),
    {ok, FB1} = smerl:get_func(MB1, f_with_feature, 0),

    % Rename functions in the 2 forms
    FA2 = smerl:rename(FA1, f_without_feature),
    FB2 = smerl:rename(FB1, f),

    % Remove and add functions to module a
    MA2 = smerl:remove_func(MA1, f, 0),
    {ok, MA3} = smerl:add_func(MA2, FA2),