[erlang-questions] trading systems

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Oct 1 21:13:28 CEST 2009

One thing you might want to consider before building the system is the
cost of the data to actually do the type of trading you want to do.  If
you are trying to do low latency arbitrage type trading you might want
to relocate to New York for obvious reasons.  The data costs of a
real-time feed with reliable data might be a bit bothersome and would
dig into any profit.  I think that after you figured out the constraints
on the system due to network and data the design would take shape.  The
design could be as simple as using Tradestation libraries, but any
slippage on order fills would be something you would discover after you
finished creating the system (and that sort of discovery is negative).

- Michael