[erlang-questions] Network communications fails with R13B02-1 on OS X

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Oct 1 17:02:57 CEST 2009

Dave,

You haven't modified __DARWIN_FD_SETSIZE in sys/_structs.h, have you?

What is your system ulimit -n setting?

I know for a fact that if you change the system-wide FD_SETSIZE via
_structs.h then epmd and ssl_esock stop working when ulimit -n is high
enough. I used to start epmd manually but then resorted to compiling
OTP with a high system FD_SETSIZE and then recompiling just ssl_esock
and epmd with a low setting.

I would bet epmd is the issue, try starting it manually in the non-
demon mode and see what it says.