Erlang on Windows from USB

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi@REDACTED
Mon Nov 30 17:58:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

There are some way, to use erlang from an USB? I, and a friend, we have
a machine where we can't do installations. We need a "portable" erlang
to develop.

I installed on a WinXP box. Copied the erlang entire folder to my USB,
and tried to run in from other WinXP machine. I updated the paths in
"erl.5.7.4\bin\erl.ini" but, when try to run "erl.5.7.4\bin\erl.exe"
gives me an error:

"G:\Desarrollo\erl5.7.4\bin\erl.exe
The aplication couldn't be started because it's configuration is
incorrect. Reinstall the application could solve the problem"

In the ini file, I updated the paths with double slash "\\".

Cheers, and thanks.