Why can't I use variables to denote members of a record?

Brentley Jones the.ajarn@REDACTED
Sun Nov 29 01:39:22 CET 2009

If I remember correctly, all previous requests for this type of feature ended with
someone saying "use setelement".

Though, I also would like this type of functionality. The problem is that Erlang
doesn't know what Member is equal to until runtime, and in that case it needs
the case statement like you mention. Maybe that is a good trade off.

- Brentley Jones