[erlang-patches] What's cooking in erlang/otp

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Sat Nov 28 23:07:33 CET 2009

2009/11/28 Brentley Jones <the.ajarn@REDACTED>:
> I'm really liking the changes in the public-ness of Erlang as of R13B03; github, proposed updates (pu branch), and now this. All I have to say is keep it up!

Thanks!

> On a related note though, what invoked this change?

We have wanted to be more open for a while now, but still
keep enough control to maintain OTP's reputation for stability
and reliability. We were not sure how to achieve both goals
at the same time.

Subversion did not seem to be the answer.

Git and github seem to be the answer.