[erlang-questions] Erlang crypto_drv in R13B02/03 fails to load on amd64-Solaris2.10

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Mon Nov 23 14:08:34 CET 2009

Hi Pete,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Peter-Henry Mander <
phmander@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> No, I don't think that the issue is to do with paths. The loader
> _does_ find the crypto_drv.so file, and fails to load it because
> "symbol (unknown): value 0xfffffd7ffd514fdf does not fit." I began to
> think that it was an AMD ABI "memory model" issue, where a 64 bit
> offset could not fit into a 32 bit value of an address register
> relative memory access instruction.
>
> Per pointed out that there are symbols in the crypto_drv.so file which
> suggest that the linker is being invoked with the wrong options,
> resulting in what smells like a stand-alone executable file with a
> main() function, not a shared library object.
>
> I'm going to continue hacking the Makefiles to see if adding the
> suggested -shared option to the crypto_drv linker command makes a
> positive difference.

And you are sure the right crypto_drv.so is getting picked, yes? You don't
by any chance have another one on your system, which might be getting in the
way? Potentially stupid question, I know, but worth asking nonetheless.

Robby