[erlang-questions] Looking for Large Distributed Open Source Erlang OTP Project

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Thu Nov 19 01:03:41 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Jan Vincent <jvliwanag@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering if there are any good large distributed open source Erlang application following OTP principles (with Applications and Releases, hot code upgrading, etc) that can be used a learning reference. I am looking for a whole system - not just one component (say, just the database part, etc). Most tutorials go on tackling small systems and don't really talk about making projects that take advantage of the whole OTP principles.

Excellent question!

I haven't bumped into any Erlang projects that use releases, other
than Erlang. I use them myself, but don't have a good feel for how a
real-life upgrade cycle works with them.

RabbitMQ uses OTP behaviors extensively. It has one app. No releases
as far as I know.

Garrett