[erlang-questions] Why Beam.smp crashes when memory is over?

John-Olof Bauner john-olof.bauner@REDACTED
Wed Nov 11 16:41:35 CET 2009

> Ulf Wiger wrote:
>> Tony Rogvall wrote:
>>
>> What kind of flavor do you have in mind?
>>
>> One proposal is to let sender crash when receiver in box is full.
>>
>> I would like to test a blocking version as well. This may sound like
>> utterly crazy, but we already have the infamous busy_port ;-)

> ...and the punishing of senders if the receiver has a long message
queue. I think these are abominations in the multicore world, and should
be phased out.

Reminds me of Chill, a telecom language from the Middle Ages, where the
sender hangs if the receiver inbox is full. Nice feature for its time
though.

J-O