gen_server:terminate/2 question

Yogish Baliga yogishb@REDACTED
Wed Nov 11 03:09:56 CET 2009

I have a gen_server process listening for events on message bus. These messages are placed in its message box.  The processing of these messages is  slower than the rate of incoming message.

When I stop the application (supervisor of which is a parent of the above mentioned gen-server), Will this gen_server get the terminate/2 call immediately or only after all the messages are processed OR should I have a wait logic in the terminate function to wait for the message box to be cleared?

Thanx,
-- baliga

"Point of view is worth 80 IQ points" --Alan Kay

http://dudefrommangalore.blogspot.com/