[erlang-questions] Why Beam.smp crashes when memory is over?

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Nov 9 18:42:39 CET 2009

The problem is that there is no way for the VM to really know which
process is leaking.  The Linux OOM-killer has gone through a bunch of
rewrites and it still doesn't always get it right.

It might be possible to have a threshold trigger that would hit some
sort of global alarm that could be application specific.  That's
probably the closest you could get though.