Dialyzer problem on OSX 10.6 (Erlang R13B02-1)

Tamas Nagy tamas.nagy@REDACTED
Sun Nov 8 20:23:36 CET 2009

Hi,

Am I the only one who cannot build a plt under OSX 10.6 in  R13B02-1?

No matter what applications I specify for the initial plt it just
hangs eating processing power but not producing anything.
Erlang was installed with homebrew, but that shouldn't matter. Or
maybe it does. (beam is compiled for 64 bit)

Here is the command I used:
dialyzer --build_plt -r /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/
lib/erts-5.7.3/ebin/ /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/lib/
kernel-2.13.3/ebin/ /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/lib/
stdlib-1.16.3/ebin/

I gave waiting for it to finish after ~1 hour (on an old type white
MacBook (MacBook2,1) with 2GB of RAM).

The info I get from the dialyzer seems to suggest that it still
assumes that erts version is 5.7 can the problem be around there?

   Checking whether the PLT /Users/lestat/.dialyzer_plt is up-to-
date...dialyzer: Could not find the PLT: /Users/lestat/.dialyzer_plt
Use the options:
    --build_plt   to build a new one; or
    --add_to_plt  to add to an existing PLT
For example (in an installed Erlang/OTP system):
    dialyzer --build_plt -r $ERL_TOP/lib/erts-5.7/ebin\
                            $ERL_TOP/lib/kernel/ebin\
                            $ERL_TOP/lib/stdlib/ebin\
                            $ERL_TOP/lib/mnesia/ebin\
                            $ERL_TOP/lib/crypto/ebin
Note that building a PLT such as the above may take 20 mins or so

If I try to use a plt generated on another machine (on Ubuntu there
does not seem to be a problem) it seems to work.

P.S.: I've tried rebuilding erlang with and without disable-debug flag
as well to no avail.

Tamas Nagy
Erlang Training & Consulting
http://www.erlang-consulting.com