FW: [erlang-questions] yaws mixing up requests?

Valentin Micic v@REDACTED
Sat May 30 18:26:51 CEST 2009

I think this would be highly unlikely, but just to get it out of the way...
What is the OS TIME_WAIT value -- if too short, wires may be crossed at the
kernel level?

V.

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions@REDACTED] On
Behalf Of Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training and Consulting)
Sent: 30 May 2009 03:07 PM
To: Christian
Cc: Ulf Wiger; erlang-questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] yaws mixing up requests?

> Another source of failure to inspect for you guys is that yaws
> actually reuses processes. Maybe things can leak between requests in
> the process registry, or in the process mailbox.

We've done that already. What we've seen is that the error occurs in
conjunction with a socket error and that the requested HTTP request is
sent to the wrong user about 500ms after the original request comes in,
so we thought that might be the reason. But when the socket error
occurs, there is nothing suspicious stored in the process state /
dictionary. Gut feeling is that there is some form of overflow / memory
corruption in the socket layer / inets driver (or even better, in the
load balancers). We are now trying to reproduce the error on R13B.

Thanks for your input,
Francesco