[erlang-questions] Re: how to scale into the cloud using process? example computing simple average

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat May 30 14:25:39 CEST 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> Joel Reymont used to have a blog article about setting up
> mnesia for EC2, which AFAIR addressed these issues, but
> the article seems to have rotted away.

The articles are at http://thinkerlang.com and I plan to add to the
collection now that I'm scaling RabbitMQ, ejabberd, etc. on Amazon EC2.

Tying the new EC2 load-balancing, scaling and monitoring services into
Erlang should work particularly well!

The intractable (I think) problem is using Mnesia as a backend for
internet services. I don't think it can be used since there's now way
to automatically sync up the various database instances after a
network split.

Imagine customers transacting with two separate Mnesia db instances
without without replication happening between them. Horrors and
balances gone awry!

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont