rberl: parse Java's Resource Bundles in Erlang

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Fri May 29 14:35:06 CEST 2009

http://github.com/dmitriid/rberl/

This is a very small ad-hoc library I threw together to parse Java's
resource bundles. It turns out i like it more than gettext :)

There's a TODO list on my mind. One question that bugs me is:

Java's RB's allow stuff like this:
At {2,time,short} on {2,date,long}, we detected {1,number,integer}
spaceships on the planet {0}.

Which can the be formatted like so (pseudo code):
format(String, ["planet", new Integer(7), new date])

and turn into
At 1:15 PM on April 13, 1998, we detected 7 spaceships

Should I bother with implementing something along those lines or
should the user simply use Erlang's formatting specifiers and use
io:format etc.?