[erlang-questions] how to scale into the cloud using process? example computing simple average

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Wed May 27 08:34:09 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> What is a cloud?

It's basically the same as any other distributed environment, but there's a
central authority you can go to and ask "I needs me more computars ktks" and
it's like "ok thar you be bai" and you can get as many computars as you need
to get job X done.

That's really the only difference, except for the fact that when you're done
the central authority is like "I need to eat the whole state of your
instance in order to survive" and maybe you're like "no!" but it's like "I
must I'm huuungary" and maybe with an environment like Amazon EC2 they have
Elastic Block Store so you can rip out the guts of your state and stash them
somewhere before the central authority beast eats up the state and resources
of your instance and recycles them into new instances.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com