[erlang-questions] Remote module compilation

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue May 26 13:23:13 CEST 2009

Greetings,

In the case of remote loading you have some ways of doing it.

1) Do the computers share the same file system (NFS, etc)?
The you could do:
rpc:call( Node2, code, load, [test] ).

2) If not you have to include the beam file as a binary:
{Module, Binary, Filename} = get_object_code(Module),
rpc:call( Node2, load_binary, [Module, Filename, Binary] ).

See the manual page for the code module
(http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/code.html).

bengt