[erlang-questions] What are the cons and pros of using Erlang rather than java to develop server backend?

Mihai Balea mihai@REDACTED
Fri May 22 17:02:58 CEST 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 3:01 AM, G.S. wrote:

> Nevertheless, no one has really added to the cons and pros of Erlang
> vs Java, in general, for the development of backend.

Here's a few things I believe you missed:

Pros for Erlang that don't come naturally in Java world:
- fault tolerance
- hot upgrading
- On the fly debugging of running systems

Pros for Java:
- Huge library base, for pretty much anything you can think of
- Faster for some categories of problems

Mihai