[erlang-questions] prep_stop in an included application

Alex Vazquez alexvazquezfente@REDACTED
Wed May 20 17:25:01 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I would like to know if there is a way of forcing the execution of the
prep_stop() callback for an included application that is started by adding
its supervisor to the primary application supervisor.

The scenario i'm facing includes a primary application that launches some
included applications, with some of them launching another applications too:

Prim
IncA, IncB,
IncA1, IncA2

Here, i need to manipulate the supervisor of the included application (say,
IncA) just before it stops, to allow deleting its own included apps (say
IncA1 and IncA2) before it terminates, doing it from inside the included
application and not from the primary one.

I'm experiencing that the prep_stop callback is only called for the primary
application and not for the included ones.

I now it can sound a bit akward. I can explain a bit further if needed.

Thanks in advance,

--
Alejandro Vazquez Fente