[erlang-questions] What is the status of ebdc?

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Wed May 20 14:38:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

Yes and no. I posted about EDBC specifically because I wanted to know
if there is something coming into core Erlang. But I did ask about
Erlyweb because it seems to be the only framework with a working
database connection layer.

Thanks for that link. But what I a looking for is something that can
be put in production and is supported. The trouble here is that
nothing in the way of rdbms seems to get past the beta stage and very
little has happen on this front since 2006.

If Erlang is to gain any popularity with the general population then a
native rdbms connection layer is needed. Not many are going to
consider Erlang if they cannot use their choice of data source.