[erlang-questions] How to transform a classical code in worker process ?

Gamoto gamoto@REDACTED
Thu May 14 15:19:15 CEST 2009

Steve,
No, I don't wait for an "off the shelf" solution. When I read some other answers I think my request was realistic.
You are one partisan of the "RTFM phylosophy" probably and I respect your choice. It's not mine. I think we progress by sharing
knowledge. For me the Bob's code is still difficult to understand because I have not a long experience with Erlang.
I read the OTP introduction, the notions of application, supervisor, etc. but I don't understand sometime the "why". Why does this guy
choose this solution and not this one, why gen_server and not gen_tcp, why supervisor_bridge and not supervisor, etc, etc.
And the answers of these "why" are not in books, there are in the mind of the people who have experience as probably yourself.
Don't blame me. I want to learn but surely by using a personal method you don't share.
Regards,
John