[erlang-questions] Warning: erlang:phash2 output

Antoine Koener antoine.koener@REDACTED
Tue May 12 12:14:12 CEST 2009

FYI

There's some new hashing functions out there:
see

http://murmurhash.googlepages.com/

Highlights from the page:

*Extremely simple* - compiles down to ~52 instructions on x86.

*Excellent distribution* - Passes chi-squared tests for practically all
keysets & bucket sizes.

*Excellent avalanche behavior* - Maximum bias is under 0.5%.
*Excellent collision resistance* - Passes Bob Jenkin's frog.c torture-test.
No collisions possible for 4-byte keys, no small (1- to 7-bit)
differentials.

May be one day phash2 will use this one :)

http://easyerl.blogspot.com/
http://www.open-tools.org/