[erlang-questions] erl_interface issue

Davide Marquês nesrait@REDACTED
Mon May 11 13:41:06 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I found out what was preventing
erl_interface from working on windows! :)
The solution had already been shared on the mailing lists:
    http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2004-April/012097.html
    http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200305/msg00259.html
It's just a matter of setting stdin/out to binary mode and voilá: working code!

We have Serge Aleynikov to thank for figuring out the solution to this
problem and
for a great tutorial on using ei:
  http://www.trapexit.org/How_to_use_ei_to_marshal_binary_terms_in_port_programs
Thanks wherever you are! :)