[erlang-questions] Any wisdom to offer on "tagged return values"

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Tue May 5 10:11:15 CEST 2009

Robert Virding <rvirding@REDACTED> writes:

> Erlang has always had exceptions! The problem is much more complex
> than this.  Always signaling an error would make coding extremely
> difficult, almost as bad as always forcing you to check return values.

  Well, I don't agree. But that's neither here nor there. The original
  question was re the official programming advice from OTP (which
  states; "Use tagged return values."), and whether that advice is
  (still) good.

  mats