[erlang-questions] Debugger

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Tue May 5 00:42:37 CEST 2009

Yup, I was becoming frustrated with PHP and its use with chats and
other real-time user communication. Since I work with very large
websites in terms of users and content it was like walking on
eggshells whenever a new site was released. As soon as I am up to
speed. I am going to rewrite all my Drupal and CodeIgniter projects
using Erlang. I have also slowed down on ASP.NET MVC because Erlang is
just so much more exciting to work with right now.

Here's a tutorial on my experience in getting Netbeans going.

Setting up Netbeans IDE for development in Erlang -
http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/?p=35800

/Carl

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Mark Selby <mark@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I was a semi-early RoR adopter, and much as I loved the ruby language,
> erlang is a good reminder of back to basics, in a seemingly positive way.
>
> Erlang seems to programming as A.T.M. is to networking.
>
> There seems to be immense scope in the distributed nature of everything. I
> love the idea that you can hot swap code and replicate and modify schema's,
> all online.
>
> Mark.
>

> Carl McDade wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if that is possible but the debugger in Netbeans with the
>> erlybird plugin has been helping me through some tough spots.
>>

>> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Mark Selby <mark@REDACTED> wrote:
>>

>>> Any way to add a "debugger()" function to something
>>> (webmachine/yaws/mochiweb/whatever) to get a (bash) console in the
>>> current context?
>>>
>>> Erlang is : Learning in large bite-size chunks.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Mark.

Carl McDade
Content Management Systems Consultant