[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 24, Issue 15

Alpár Jüttner alpar@REDACTED
Mon May 4 17:22:18 CEST 2009

> > And of course, if you're willing to stick to the Unix shell, then really all
> > you have to do is emit VT codes and call it a day.
>
>   I'd venture to guess that your "VT codes" and the "control codes"
>   mentioned above are amazingly similar.
>
>   And I'm still curious to learn how you'd go about putting the cursor top
>   left without sending some sort of control codes.

Can anyone tell me how to to it _with_ using VT codes? I tried to clear
the screen using the VT100 controll sequence (ESC [2J), but to no avail:

$ erl
Erlang R13B (erts-5.7.1) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.1  (abort with ^G)
1> io:put_chars([27|"[2J"]).
^[[2Jok