[erlang-questions] got an industrial strength version of mingw capable of building gtknode and glade?

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Mon May 4 11:58:19 CEST 2009

Davide Marquês <nesrait@REDACTED> writes:

> Hi Steve,
>
>> Has ANYONE out there been able to build gtknode and glade on MS-Windows
>> using Mingw/Msys?
> Have you tried using Cygwin with MinGW?
> Currently cygwin's gcc supports a -mno-cygwin flag that will make it use mingw
> headers and enable it to create windows native executables.
> And while it seems that support for this "mingw mode" is to be terminated, for
> now it's working. ;)
> In alternative, you can just setup your PATH so that MinGW's binaries are used
> instead of cygwin's ones. (I used this method to build erl_interface with
> MinGW and it didn't complain [much]).
>
> Hi mats,
>
>> AFAIK, this has never been attempted. And as the author of gtknode I
>> can assure you that it was never intended to be ported to
>> Windows. wxerlang (available in R13) is the way to go.
>
> Does that means we'll get new versions of eper tools
> (http://code.google.com/p /eper/) using wxerlang? ;) ;)

  that is the road map, yes. I wouldn't recommend holding your breath
  until it's done, though :< Although I believe porting the eper stuff
  to wxerlang will be easier than porting gtknode to windows.

  gtknode was just a stopgap until the OTP guys got something usable in
  place. and wxerlang is better than just usable.

> A while ago I tried to install eper but I stopped in the same place as
> Steve (didn't thought of using cygwin at that time) and just extracted
> redbug.  By the way, thanks for building this wonderful little
> tool. :)

  you're welcome.

  mats