[erlang-questions] Restrictions on records

Michal Zajda zajdamichal@REDACTED
Sun Mar 29 13:56:35 CEST 2009

try the following code:

-module(l).
-export([
     start/0,
     do/3,
     do1/3,
     do2/3]).

-record(rec, {last_change, name=bla, value=0.0}).

update(Rec) -> Rec#rec{last_change=erlang:universaltime()}.

start() ->
    X = #rec{},
    do(X,"xx",high).

do(Rec, Name, Setting) -> (update(Rec))#rec{name=Name,
value=value(Setting)}.
do1(Rec, Name, Setting) -> R = update(Rec), R#rec{name=Name,
value=value(Setting)}.
do2(Rec, Name, Setting) -> update(Rec#rec{name=Name, value=value(Setting)}).

value(high) -> 0.9;
value(moderate) -> 0.5;
value(low) -> 0.01.