[erlang-questions] Standard modern salary for an Erlang programmer?

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Mar 26 01:45:59 CET 2009

On 25 Mar 2009, at 3:22 am, G.S. wrote:
> What's a standard, good average salary for the Erlang programmer
> with a few years of experience, based in USA?
> Java is 70-90k,

Wow.  That's about double what I make as a university lecturer.

> and I read online that since us Erlangers, being a less known, and
> essential for writing software that scales, and will scale into the
> future, is much higher. I seem to find various blogs that state the
> salary in 2008 was anywhere from 99k to 180k.

Double wow.  That's _unimaginable_ wealth.
Do we seriously expect pay rates like these to continue in
the global depression?  We're seeing a lot of big companies
telling their consultants and employees to take 10% pay cuts,
and I don't suppose the pay cuts have stopped yet.