[erlang-questions] How do I elegantly check many conditions?

Nick Gerakines nick@REDACTED
Fri Mar 20 15:13:34 CET 2009

In the past, I've done things like this:

[untested pseudo-code] ...

create_user(Name, Email, ...) ->
    case validate_user({Name, Email, ...}, [user_name, user_email,
user_password, ...]) of
        true -> do_it();
        {error, X} -> expose_error();
        _ -> oh_no()
    end.

validate_data(UserDetails, []) -> true;
validate_data(UserDetails, [user_name | Rules]) ->
    case fcall_to_assert_name_is_ok(UserDetails) of
        true -> validate_data(UserDetails, Rules);
        _ -> {error, name_taken}
    end;
validate_data(...) -> ...

It's clean and gives you a quick way to determine which rules to use
for a given data validation block.

# Nick Gerakines