[erlang-questions] Reassigning variables

Michael Radford mrad-direct-erlang@REDACTED
Thu Mar 19 17:38:21 CET 2009

I totally agree about readability, but I think we need to distinguish
"readable" code from "elegant" (or aesthetically pleasing) code.

It's similar to the difference between newspaper writing vs. writing a
novel, or poetry.  Most of the time, commercial software should be more
like the former -- state the facts in a way that most people can
understand easily, and get out of the way.  Occasionally, this sort of
code might turn out to be elegant, but that's not the primary goal.

I think that might have been what Camille was getting at.

Mike