[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R13A has been released

Thorsten Schuett schuett@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 10:51:46 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have two comments on dialyzer in the beta version:

- The opaqueness checks are great. Already found a mix up with gb_sets and
gb_trees. However, the change also effects type-declarations:
R13:
-type(db()::gb_tree()).
R12:
-type(db()::gb_trees:gb_tree()).
You are not allowed to specify the module of opaque types anymore. We had to
add an autoconf test because there seems to be no version which works with
both. This behavior doesn't seem to be documented in the ChangeLog.

- To solve the problem above, our configure now adds a define for the
preprocessor ({d, types_are_builtin}) for R13. And we have to do the same for
dialyzer. According to the docs, dialyzer supports two versions for specifying
defines "-Dname (or -Dname=value)". Unfortunately only the latter seems to
work:
 ~/apps/otp-R13A/bin/dialyzer -Dtypes_are_builtin --src -c util.erl

dialyzer: Malformed define: {defines,[types_are_builtin]}

Whereas the following is fine:
~/apps/otp-R13A/bin/dialyzer -Dtypes_are_builtin=1 --src -c util.erl

Thorsten