[erlang-questions] eldap badmach

Jose Enrique Benitez Jimenez jebenitez@REDACTED
Wed Mar 11 19:51:34 CET 2009

hello everyone,

I am try to use eldap but I get an error, I donwload these files form internet,
eldap.erl
eldap.hrl
ELDAPv3.hrl
ELDAPv3.asn
README.example

so i compile eldap.erl and get eldap.beam, in the shell i write:
7> {R,S1}=eldap:open(["10.0.0.3"],[]).
{ok,<0.41.0>}
8> eldap:simple_bind(S1,"UID=sAMAccountName, CU=ad.search@REDACTED, DC=uci,DC=cu",uF2SODWAHiK0eJboFFQLAvVzJ).
{error,
    {'EXIT',
        {{badmatch,
             {'EXIT',
                 {undef,
                     [{'ELDAPv3',encode,
                          ['LDAPMessage',
                           {'LDAPMessage',1,
                               {bindRequest,
                                   {'BindRequest',3,
                                       "UID=sAMAccountName, CU=ad.search@REDACTED, DC=uci,DC=cu",
                                       {simple,uF2SODWAHiK0eJboFFQLAvVzJ}}},
                               asn1_NOVALUE}]},
                      {asn1rt,encode,3},
                      {eldap,send_request,4},
                      {eldap,request,4},
                      {eldap,exec_simple_bind,1},
                      {eldap,do_the_simple_bind,3},
                      {eldap,loop,2}]}}},
         [{eldap,send_request,4},
          {eldap,request,4},
          {eldap,exec_simple_bind,1},
          {eldap,do_the_simple_bind,3},
          {eldap,loop,2}]}}}
I dont know what does it mean, there are something wrong with the eldap module or my ldap configuration, this is very important for my thesis.
Thanks a lot.