[erlang-questions] wxErlang release

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Mar 7 12:23:16 CET 2009

Dan wrote:
 >I don't think I will have the time to do it. So please have a go at it.

...so I did a quick hack to see what the issues may be...

git://github.com/komone/gx.git

Creating UIs using gs-style trees seems as though it should be pretty
straightforward.

The biggest issue I found so far is that there is a huge "enum leak"
back into the component ids and (worse) the event messages... i.e. the
wx events and component ids are forced to be integers --  maybe an ets
mapping would be the simplest answer to that.

The code is raw as it possibly could be but I think it shows feasibility ;)

/sd