[erlang-questions] gen_[server|fsm|event]:format_status/2 no longer called

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Fri Mar 6 14:42:01 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:
> In R12B-5 I find that sys:get_status/1,2 no longer returns
> status formatted for the type of process it is.
>
> I have long used the undocumented gen_server et. al. callback
> to format the process state data.  A call to sys:get_status/1,2
> would result in call to gen_server:format_status/2 which would
> format the state data for a gen_server process.  If you had
> exported format_status/2 from your callback module it would be
> called to format the state data for your application.
>
> This all seemed quite sensible to me and I used this often.
> Now I will miss it.

Which was the last version it did work in?

I'll try to repair it in R13A (if possible), but so far I haven't been able to
figure out from where the call to format_status/2 was made when the
functionality last worked.

/Bjorn