[erlang-questions] mDNS, zeroconf, bonjour

Jared spyplane@REDACTED
Fri Mar 6 02:11:38 CET 2009

I've been following this list for a while now, and I want to first thank you
all for your insight and creativity, it is really inspiring.

I'm trying to come up with my first erlang project that would actually be
useful to the community and one of my ideas was a zeroconf library in
erlang.   I've searched this list archive, google, and github and there
doesn't appear to be any erlang implementation of zeroconf (mdns, bonjour,
avahi).   It seems not only like a good fit for the capabilities of erlang,
but also useful for distributed networks (the ability to discover and
advertise services and servers).

My first real question, does anything like this exist and I'm just missing
it?

Second, would this be interesting to anyone (is there some erlang/OTP
built-in that I'm missing that does this already) ?

Thanks again for all the help in getting started.

-Jared